The NFL Playoffs have started and each weekend I contemplate over what I am going to cook for the fellas! I found this recipe on http://www.thebrewerandthebaker.com/ and gave it a try. It was a HIT! Why wouldn't it be, considering it is made with 4 shots of Tequila and Kurobuta Ribs!
I saw that Snake River Farms was having a Playoff special on Kurobuta Pork (UP TO 50% OFF), WOW! So I immediately placed my order using this Free Shipping Link (FREE Shipping on Snake River Farms Gifts ) and Bam I had Kurobuta Spare Ribs for 18.00 a rack! Here's the recipe:
- For the marinade:
- 2 racks (~4 lbs) kurobuta pork spare ribs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Juice of two limes, zest from 1
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Fresh cilantro
- Cut each rack of ribs in half and place 2 sections each in a gallon zipper bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients and pour half into each bag.
- Seal the bags, turn to coat, and place in a baking dish in the fridge.
- Let marinate overnight, turning a couple of times.
- Transfer the marinade to a pot and add the glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Reduce glaze to a thick sauce.
- Heat grill to 250-300 degrees.
- Wrap each rib section in a foil pouch and cook (indirect heat recommended but my grill isn't big enough to accommodate two racks over indirect heat).
- Cook for ~90 minutes and tear into one of the pouches to see if the meat is tender and is pulling from the bone.
- Carefully open the foil pouches and glaze the ribs, leaving the foil peeled back so the sauce will caramelize.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then glaze again.
- Repeat and then transfer to a foil-tented platter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut ribs and serve any remaining glaze on the side as a sauce.
We would love to see pictures when you try this recipe! Post them to our Facebook page, Humphrey's Smokers!