You can use your Humphrey's smoker to make these Spookylishous meaty dishes!
This meatloaf mummy will scare your guests when they see those spooky eyes looking back at them. Simply mix up a meatloaf with your usual spices and chopped onion and a little red pepper, then press it into a face mask mold to shape it. Use onion for the eyes and teeth, and wrap it with bacon before cooking it. Put it into a preheated smoker (250 degrees) for about 60-90 mins.
Once you master the meatloaf mummy, try this meaty skeleton. We purchased a skull head at a local Halloween shop. We used our award winning rib recipe (shhhh. it's a secret!) and then garnished the guts with this little smokie recipe!
2 - 2 lb pkgs lil smokies
12-14 oz favorite BBQ Sauce, or chili sauce
1/4 c brown sugar
2 tsp Liquid Smoke
2 tbs dried minced onion
1/2-1 cup grape jelly
1 can beer
Mix all ingredients expect for the lil smokies until well incorporated. Then mix in the little smokies until well coated.
Put into a disposable aluminum pan and place into a preheated Humphrey's smoker (250 degrees) for about an hour or until internal temp of the smokies reach 165 degrees.
Pin Head! This is my favorite Spooktactular meaty recipe. You will need one of those foam mannequin head and lots of tooth picks for this one.
Eyes: Pull apart cheese and olives
Mouth: Form pull apart cheese and use a butter knife to carve in some teeth.
Face and Head: Pepperoni sticks, or Slim Jims, cut to fit as shown in the picture. Use tooth pick and apply it to the foam head.
Want to make something really special with your kids this Halloween? Roll up some eyeball meatballs that are tasty and fun to eat. Served with your family's favorite pasta, they'll make an easy dinner that your kids will be talking about for weeks. And if your kids aren't excited about green olives, then swap with black olives for a spooky look. So invite the kids into the kitchen and start rolling your way to this ghoulish dish!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mayonaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 12 to 14 small mozzarella balls
- 6 to 8 large green olives
- Preheat your ssmoker to 250°F. Mix the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise until the mixture comes together.
- To create the eyeballs, your child can use a butter knife to cut the center out of a cheese ball. Then cut an olive in half and position into the center of the cheese, creating a spooky eye.
- After everyone has washed their hands, invite your child to roll golf-ball-size meatballs and then use his thumb to press an indentation in the middle of the ball. Now he can place the cheese eyeball into the meatball and press and mold the meat around the cheese eye.
- Invite your child to continue making eyeball meatballs, and then place them in a foil-lined baking pan.
- Smoke the meatballs for 30-45 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the meat is cooked through. While the ghoulish meatballs are baking, prepare your favorite pasta and sauce so everything is ready when your meatballs are.
- Remove the finished meatballs, and serve over cooked pasta.
Thank you to www.popsugar.com for providing this recipe.