Are you looking for a great condiment for the pulled pork sandwiches that you plan on making next weekend? These pickles are perfect! The sweet and spicy flavor brings a bright fresh flavor that will leave you wanting more. These pickle are so easy and will ferment in the fridge, so there's no need for fancy canning equipment!
- 1½ pounds kirby cucumbers
- 2¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Korean chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or fish sauce
- 3 scallions, cut into 1" lengths
- 1 cup water
- Trim ends of cucumbers; cut into spears or slices. Place in a large bowl and toss with salt, chili powder, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and scallions. Put into glass jars and add water. Cover tightly and let sit on the kitchen counter for 24 hours. Refrigerate for an additional 24 hours.
Serve after a couple of days. The longer you refrigerate them, the more flavor the pickles will have. Keep in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
We'd love to hear what you think of this recipe. Send us a message to let us know how you enjoyed these pickles.